The main regulators you need to worry about are the radio licensing and export controls regulators. Radio regulation tends to be done at both a national and international level. Export controls tend to be a national issue. You may also need regulatory clearance from local space agencies and other bodies.


The International Radio Amateur Union

International Telecommunications Union

Space Frequency Coordination Group

United Kingdom

United Kingdom Space Agency

United States of America

Federal Communications Commission (Amateur Radio)

National Telecommunications and Information Association (Red book)

U.S. Department of State (Directorate of Defense Trade Controls)

Third party information sources:



Do you know of a company, organisation, product, link or other relevant content that should be on this page? If so, we would be very grateful if you would leave it as a comment or email so we can post it here – thanks!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: